While a casino’s core feature is offering gambling, it’s far from the only activity that players can enjoy. So we asked our audience: What do you like to do other than gamble at a casino! There were definitely some themes.
Food was a common thread across many of the answers. Casinos are often known for having a good collection of restaurant choices, and because players can often earn comps that can be leveraged for restaurants, it can also put fine dining in a position that wouldn’t always be sought outside the casino.
- Eat. Try to go to different restaurants. Love me some food. Veronica V.
- Eating! Normally steaks and salads. Mamata S.
- All you can eat crab legs, that’s about it. Even then, I’m in a hurry to get back to gambling! Cory F.
- Eat! Plus the house red wine is delish! Tracey K.
- Buffet..or maybe try something different.. I’m all about trying new foods! Pamela L.
Another core element that many casinos offer is shopping options, starting with an Essentials shop that can feature things players need during a visit as well as souvenirs, but can be as much as full shopping or outlet malls attached to the property.
- Some casinos have stores. Ours only has a little one. I used to enjoy the stores at Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun in Connecticut though. Kelly W.
- Shop – my home casino in Tampa is decent. It includes an online inventory too. My favorite hotel to shop is in Vegas at the Wynn, amazing stores. Dana D.
You see all sorts of people in the casino, and it can yield some interesting moments too.
- I like people watching too. Once had an older lady beside me. Sh was betting max $3. But when her kids came to check on her, she lowered it to 30 cents. She told me: I don’t want them to know how much money I have! Ann B.
- People watching with a drink in my hand… it never disappoints! Tamara C.
Many casinos that have a resort attached feature amenities such as a hotel, pool and spa. Many players avail themselves of this when visiting the casino.
- If staying there is a spa and/or pool: If I have an extra day, a massage and what’s available. Pool time for sure. Bonny B.
- I like if we are staying in the hotel. The rooms are often so very nice. Joanne K.
- Lay by the pool and drink Mango Margaritas! Sandie S.
Certain casinos just have unique setups that offer something a bit different!
- My local is located feet away from the Oregon Coast. We love to take walks on the beach. Carol M.
- Our local casino also has horse racing in the warmer months and I like to watch the horses. Carrie N.
- Our local casino has a bowling alley on the bottom floor. That’s fun! Rene K.
What activities outside of gambling do you enjoy at a casino? We’d love to hear yours in the comments!