My longtime fan and friend, Kat N, wanted me to touch on etiquette in the casino, and frankly I wish this was posted at the entrance of every casino I go to :p
I’ll do this post as a list as opposed to my normal blogs.
TOP PIECES OF ETIQUETTE FOR THE CASINO
- Be respectful, polite and mindful of other people and their space. Have a TON of fun full of wins and excitement without ruining the experience for others
- Put your trash in the Bin rather than on the ground or beside a machine
- Dress Up a little, it’s not your mother’s basement for goodness sake, and a little perfume goes a long way lol
- Do not eat your homemade lasagna (or any food) at the slot machine (though I’m guilty of this!)
- Tip your servers, valet and staff when appropriate (see my Tipping Blog for more!)
- Play on only ONE Machine at a time
- Gently press the buttons. Banging them doesn’t make the machine more obedient.
- Do not hold a machine by leaning a chair, putting a drink on the seat, wrapping your cord around the chair or leaving a ticket for 10 cents in the machine.
- Remember that EVERYONE is at the Casino to have a good time. So walk around with a smile on your face and try to make the day better for all of those around you. You came for the entertainment, so remember that and have a good time. And if you encounter someone who may be a bit grumpy, remember that everyone comes from a different place and to forgive them. We are not responsible for anyone else’s actions aside from our own, so share that smile and wish them good luck.
Line it up,