This page contains affiliate links on which we may earn a commission. Learn more about our editorial policy.
Slingo Hot Roll is one of those clever mash-ups that make perfect sense once you see it in action. Slingo has been around for 25 years, and has been a mainstay online (and, on occasion, has made its way into casinos too). Meanwhile, Hot Roll is an add-on mechanic by King Show Games that has found its way onto Video Poker and Slots with ease.
So putting these two veteran formats together feels good, and familiar. There are tweaks that make this Slingo a bit more deliberate to work through as you play, but so far we’ve had a blast playing it.
Let’s take a look at how it works, and where you can play it for real money online!
Slingo Hot Roll Base Game
The core gameplay is your standard Slingo. You get in this case 10 spins to start, with numbers appearing below each column. If you match a number, your card gets marked.
Sometimes special symbols will appear on the reel, which can help your game along. These are:
- Wild: Mark any number available in the column as wild.
- Super Wild: Mark any number on the card as wild.
- Free Spin: Get a free additional spin.
Whenever you get five of a kind (there are 12 possibilities to do so – the five rows, the five columns, and the two diagonals), you get a Slingo. The prize table kicks in once you’ve got five out of 12 Slingos. This isn’t that easy to do with the 10 spins, so the next phase kicks in at that point.
Games can be initiated for as little as 20 cents, but because of the structure of this game, you can expect a single game to be a significant multiple of it (but the payouts are there to be worth it).
Buy Another Spin
Once you’ve completed your spins, you’re given the option to buy more spins, one at a time. The price of each spin will be based on what prize level you’re at, what prize level you can achieve and which spaces are marked or still available to mark.
Obviously, when you are still far away from any prizes, the spin cost will be small, whereas if you’re one a way from a full house and having all 12 spaces marked, you’ll be offered an expensive spin.
The game’s structure encourages buying at least some spins. The prize table makes that clear with what’s available – not fixed prize structures, but a range or prizes based on dice rolls.
Some Slingo games give you prizes when you get to three or four Slingos made; this one starts at 5 and as soon as you play it a bit you understand why. All the prizes are awarded as various Roll options. A single roll of the dice is worth between 2x and 12x your starting stake, matching the number on the dice (so for instance, rolling a 2 is 2x and a 12 is 12x). On a $1 game, that means your prizes are $2-12, with an average prize of $7. (Rolling 7s in some levels award prizes, and in others do not; we’ll get to that shortly.)
The level you reach depends on the number of Slingos:
- 5 Slingos: Easy Roll, a single roll of the dice to determine your prize.
- 6 Slingos: Double Roll, your choice of two rolls at 1x the prizes, or a single roll at 2x the prizes.
- 7 Slingos: The Double Double Roll level introduces further variation. Either you can do multiple rolls at 1x (you pick one of four options that can award 2-4 spins) or one roll at a higher multiplier (four spots that can award 2-4x).
- 8 Slingos: The Triple Double Roll level features a choice of multiple rolls at 1x (pick one of four options featuring 3-5 spins) or one roll at a higher multiplier (four spots that can award 3-5x).
- 9 Slingos: Hot Roll, played just like it works on other games with the Hot Roll bonus where you roll until you roll a 7, or reach 100 rolls.
- 10 Slingos: Hot Roll with 2 lives: You can choose 1x rolls and two lives (meaning two 7s end the bonus, or 100 rolls per life), or a 2x multiplier and only one seven or 100 rolls.
- 12 Slingos (can’t get 11 Slingos): Hot Roll with 4 lives: Choose 1x rolls and four lives, or one life with 4x rolls.
Once you get to the Hot Roll levels, the open-ended nature broadens the potential. 7s only pay on the first roll, basically serving as a consolation prize.
There is also the potential for Golden Rolls, where the dice turn gold on certain rolls. Prizes for those rolls are doubled. If you roll a 7, you get paid for the 7 and do not lose a life.
The variability on the prizes is so much more broad than a traditional Slingo game, so we’ve found ourselves willing to be a bit more risky since the volatility is there.
In one game, starting with a $10 example stake, we bought spins until we were at 10 Slingos, which put us at $519 in total wagers. But with the 2 life hot roll, we landed at an $1,840 prize. In another example, we did the same thing, had about $770 in wagers and a $700 prize.
So there’s a lot of range in what can be won, amplified if you pick the multipliers and if the golden spins come out enough.
Where to Play Slingo Hot Roll Online
New sign-ups get $35 Casino Credits + Up to $100 Deposit Match in Casino Credits (w/$5 min dep, 1X PTR)
Slingo Hot Roll is one of the hundreds of games available on DraftKings Casino, available in Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and West Virginia! Play some of your favorite casino games online, as well as exclusive games you can’t find anywhere else! And if you’re new to DraftKings Casino, you can receive a new player bonus! To learn more about DraftKings casino, read our review.
MI, NJ, PA and WV only. 21+. Gambling Problem? Call or text 1-800-GAMBLER