In an earlier article we shared our bankroll management tips, but we know players have all sorts of different strategies. Here’s what some players shared on the Flip The Switch Facebook page when we asked them recently for their tips for managing casino funds:
Before Visiting the Casino
Some players take steps before they leave the house, to ensure they truly are playing with an entertainment budget:
- Make sure that all my bills are paid before I set anything aside to gamble with. If I do come home with a profit, it all goes in the casino fund. Chris G.
- Go to the bank before you go/ ATM take only a certain amount. Leave any debit and credit card HOME! If you are going for more than a day plan how much you are going to spend for each day. Elissa T.
- Leave the purse home. Only bring the cash I’m ready to not expect back. Christine G.
While Playing at the Casino
Keeping track of where you are while at the casino, and making decisions on how much to put in a given machine, as well as to put winnings aside, can sometimes be the difference between leaving with money and not leaving with money. Here are some ways players manage this:
- If I win I cash out and put the ticket in my wallet. Go to another machine and the process just continues. So at the end of the night I take my ticketing cash out, Taking all that money home with me. Beth B.
- Set $ amount daily. If I win a large amount I cash out, take out the original starting cash to use and pocket the difference. At the end of my trip I don’t go home broke. Takes a lot of willpower to not dip into my winnings. Christine F.
- I use a cut off point. I only allow a certain amount of money per machine. Then if I win I only spend back half, then move on. Kelly W.
- My pocket lockbox and leave the ATM card at home! Tammy M.
- Once I win I fold the bills in half. The goal is play with what I brought. If I win I can empty my wallet but never touch the folded money. It’s the key to either break even or win. The balance is deciding how much to fold out of win..lol Dianna W.
Planning for Longer Trips
Sometimes you need to pace yourself, particularly on longer trips, so you don’t run out of money too quickly:
- Daily envelopes but sometimes I just wing it depending on how many days I will spend in the casino. Hope L.
- Break it up into days. Sandy H.
What are your tips for managing your casino funds? Share in the comments!